what can i give my 2 year old? adult content

she poops every other day and its hurts her we give her juice and benefiber just like the doctor says and nothing helps

april_f

Asked by april_f at 3:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lots of fruit,veggies,water,whole grains

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If I ever want my son to poop I just feed him a kiwi. It goes right through!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• what kind of juice? Apple juice actually makes it harder to go. Feed her bananas and/or plums.
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 4:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I give my DD baby food prunes sometimes, just a small container, or you could start with half a container and see if it helps so you don't get a surprise blow-out situation. They are pretty sweet so my DD will just eat them, but you can also mix it with applesauce or yogurt. Yogurt is another good thing to keep things moving smoothly. You also want to avoid too much cheese, banana, or applesauce in her diet. Those are a few foods I can think of off the top of my head that can be constipating but are popular with kids.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• single grain oatmeal? should have lots of fiber and whole grains in it. that should "move things along". Good luck!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my girl is 8 weeks and she is having a hard time. sometimes if shes in pain i wil use a thermometer with vasoline and kinda help it out alittle. or a small piece of a suppository. have you tried miralax? i've heard people use a very small amount every other day. i wouldn't use on my little on b/c i think shes too small that harsh of a lax, but maybe ask your dr about it. prune juice? thats all i can think of other than what these other ladies have said.
    someone said bananas, but i thought they were a binding fruit? im prolly wrong, anyways, good luck with the baby poopies! lol
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had this issue with my son...i made sure to increase natural fibers by makeing sure every meal included some form of fiber. For a while i had to give him 1/4 tsp of milk of magnesium. Most cvs stores sell liquid magnesium which is flavored fizzy water that acts as the same as the milk of magnesium. This really helped my son. He wouldn't eat prunes or drink the juice so i really didn't have much options. He is finally regular again thankfully. It was a rough month for him last month Good luck!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• apple juice works well actually the dr told my sis to give it to her son that was EXTREMELY constipated
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011