Whats wrong with me?!

So I was painting my 2 y/o DD's nails. We were having fun and then she put her thumb in her mouth ruining her polish, and I get all pissed off at her. But I do this alot! I yell at my kids for stupid reasons like accidently spilling a drink and get super annoyed when they ask me for anything! I HATE being this way whats wrong with me?! I love my kids but yet I am not showing it I do have good days where I can hold my irritability in but at the end of the day I explode...please someone help me!

I was under stress when my hubby was deployed but now that he's home I have fallen back into my stressful ways. No I am not on meds but am about to start Wellbutrin.

My love life os good we have sex about 3 to 4 times a week. But I don't ever want it. I was on Paxil and now I have NO sex drive like seriously I can watch porn and be romanced all that jazz and nothing. But I do it to make my man happy and I do enjoy it when it starts going its just starting it ugh I hate it... I should get out more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• Are you tired or depressed? Both of those make me intensely irritable.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am guessing you have high amounts of stress in your life? I have noticed when we are facing something big, I am much more touchy, and things that shouldn't bother me... "DO"!!!

When something happens, close your eyes, breathe, and ask if it is worth getting upset about? I find doing that, or litterally walking away helps me. Than when all is done I can keep in mind my child is more important than a stain they put in the carpet, or cleaning up spilled milk, or whatever it is they did to upset me... like last week when my 3 year old used his brothers "Cottonelle wipes" to clean the mirror in their bathroom?!?! We're not rich and the kid needs them when he poops (rather buy wipes than nasty unders in laundry)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think we all do this sometimes but I think when we are highly stressed it happens more often try taking time for yourself to destress and see if it helps.
    twiggee

Answer by twiggee at 3:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Are you on meds? Some certain meds will cause strong mod swings. I know I used to yell a lot at the kids and hubby for no reason..and it ended up being my meds.
    JennyMarie

Answer by JennyMarie at 3:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• sometimes, its hard to control your annoyance when something gets spilled accidentally. i used to get upset with my oldest sometimes when she was 2 and would spill sutff, but i wasnt really upset with her, i was just upset i had to clean it, and taking the frustration out on her. my mom told me one day, how would i feel if i spilled something by accident and was yelled at for it? when she put it in that perspective for me, i was really able to start empathizing when accidents would happen. not everyone is programmed with the necessary patience needed for parenting, it has to be learned sometimes and practiced. you can get better at it if you really try and want to. but if you think this is a problem that extends beyond that, like anger or depression, then its best to seek therapy or something that will help you cope. GL!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• In your head tell yourself to relax, it's not personal. Also, you sound very stressed out. How is your love life going? Do you have enough personal time? Have an orgasm and meditate :) That always cools my jets !!
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• maybe your depressed, on the other hand its not what your doing but what your kids are doing that is annoying you. Perhaps by looking at the situation you can handle it much better in the future such as with the nail painting for child's fingers - tell her that if she wants her nails painted she will need to keep her fingers out of her mouth until the paint dries otherwise you will not paint her nails until she is a bit older and stick with it. gl.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 3:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Being tired, stressed or depressed can make people react irrational. Just take a deep breath and think before you react. I know it sounds silly, but sitting alone in a quiet room helps. So does relaxing music.
    Alison82

Answer by Alison82 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Might want to get out of house more and get therapy.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011