I need help please!

I have met a guy on Facebook through a mutual friend and we have been chatting on there. How do I move from talking about the weather and things like that into talking about other things? I've never met or talked to someone like this online, so it feels a little strange. We seem to have good conversation (no dull moments) but I'm ready to take it to the next level without getting "too" personal if you know what I mean. Thanks for the help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• If you feel that his interests are there too talk about ex relationships and what he wants out of one. Don't fear the un known you seen to have great time talkiing go for it not too strong but firm . Good luck
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 3:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• What are your common interests? what area does he live in, has he attended any functions locally? Do not have fear, part of being behind a computer screen means they can't "see" your reactions! They can't see you scrunch up your faces, eyes bug out in shock, or dropping jaw, or whatever... What are his hobbies? What does he do in his free time? What shows does he watch? Latest movie he's seen?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Just be you, let it go natural. If you plan it, it will go odd. Talk about family, work, where you went to school jobs hobbies etc. Thats alot of conversation without going anywhere near sex. If I got you right.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Honestly, it's just a matter of bringing up a subject. If you're interested in what he aspires to be, then ask him what he aspires to be. If you're interested in if he wants kids one day, then ask him if he wants kids. Nothing should be off limits in natural conversation. Either he answers the questions or not, but it's important that you at least try to get the information you're curious about.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• This is a little funny to me, not in a bad way but this is how my husband and I met. A friends we shared in common that we both knew. We both just kinda started talking about if we wanted childern and to be married some day, just little thing to start knowing each other a little better and what the other one wanted out of life.
    Lyndsey250

Answer by Lyndsey250 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Dont talk about your exes find out what he do and dont like and what he do for fun and relaxation
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think Lyndsey250, said it pretty good, what you both want out of life. Where your life is headed rgt now, and kids etc? If he's interested he'll go w/the flow and shd maybe start asking you questions too. Hope all work out.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Ask in general questions that add up to what you are needing information for.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm just wanting to get to know him better...I don't necessarily need specific "information". I want to move beyond talking about silly stuff, but I'm not ready to take it to a REALLY personal level...kwim?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• do you talk outside of FB if not exchange numbers maybe send some pics to each other cell phones, talk about meeting for lunch or a drink or something!
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011