How do i plan my wedding?

I need help planning my wedding please. Our date is july 25th 2011 so its soon and we need to do it on a very low budget. Any advice would be greatly appriciated thank you.

DinaBeena

Asked by DinaBeena at 3:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Ask family and friends if their church have a reception hall you might get it for a good price. I bought my invitations at Staples and my brother printed them for me. Have family and friends cook the food for you. Good luck with your wedding and you know what? when that day comes you will be under a lot of stress you just focus on you and him, whatever is not done, whatever you don't have, don't stress you just think about that beautiful man you about to marry. God bless
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Choose a venue first. Then figure out what kind of reception you want. I chose our venue then the colors & cake. My mil paid for a wedding planner and that did help. She knew what I wanted but I was very much involved in it. She told me choosing the right cake and colors is the main thing to do. Decide if you want something informal or formal. Do you want real flowers vs fake ones (I did nice fake onces they were 100 times less expensive)?

Answer by gemgem at 3:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Well you can always choose a public venue for the wedding and or reception. You can have a family member or friend take the pictures. Also (something I have seen done) you can leave disposable camera's at the tables with a note asking everyone to take pictures of the wedding and reception (then the leave the camera's on the tables). Unless you really want alot of flowers you can minimalize that by just getting some for the wedding party. Check out good will or second hand store, craigs list or ebay for decorations. (LOVE CRAIGS LIST). Instead of a live band you can have a stereo and cd's (collected from fam and friends for a veriety) or a fam or friend that is in a band. You don't have to have the food catered. You can have fam prepare the (easy) food (baked chicken) or you can have the local deli do the catering (thriftier and still really good food) then can serve buffet style (done at every wedding I have been- LOTS)
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I bought my invitations on clearance at walmart and printed them myself. They ended up looking really nice. I borrowed a 2 hole punch and punched holes at the top and tied a ribbon thru them. I also made my own programs. I got scrapbookpaper on sale 5 for $1. I got a pack of solid card stock in ivory and printed the program on the front and back of it. I cut it and the scrapbook paper to the same size..it was about 8 inches by 8 inches. I hole double hole punched the side of it and tied a ribbon thru it. We used an ipod with a borrowed docking station for our music.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• There are several free online wedding planning sites like theknot.com and weddingwire.com. They can probably help you with really great ideas. Most of us have been married so long we can't be of much help.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 3:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Pick a placefor the wedding and reception ,time , and decide what colors. Decide who you want in the wedding look for places to get outfit very reasobable priced. If your reception places does not have plates and flatware look into a warehouseh for all those needs. You can make your own party favors with things from the dollar store like little white boxes with mailing labels with date you all names and whatever you want to say.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 3:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Do you want indoor or outdoor? Do you have a location in mind? do you have anything special you really want? Make sure you get a good photographer because it is all you will have left from the day. start with a guest list. keep everything as simple as possible. I loved my wedding and it was very simple but very unique and special. I also loved theknot.com for ideas. Would love to help you come up with ideas if I can.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had to plan my DD's Wedding a month after my DD was killed, and to tell you the truth, I don't even want to try and give you an answer. So I'll bump you instead. Hope it's a good one!!
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Break it down into lists.dress,catering,food,flowers,gifts.location and preacher.And don't forget the groom!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Make it a family event....Invite only family and friends that you love like family.....If you are religous pick a small church....Don't worry about flowers except for your own bouquet and the bouquet of your witness....Buy a nice white long dress that isn't a wedding dress and see if you can find someone to make you a veil if you want one....if not, just get your hair done pretty.....If you are not religious have the ceremony at the courthouse.....Have a reception at your parents house and do thanksgiving type food and cheap wine and champaigne and serve it buffet style.....Depending on how many people are coming, use real plates and silverware and wash dishes.....Instead of an expensive wedding cake have someone make cupcakes and arrange them like a wedding cake...go to Michaels to buy a wedding topper.......Burn CD's of your favorite music, and don't forget to buy a little gift for your witnesses...buy simple wedding bands
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011