Does being Vegan really help?

I have heard so many people talk that being vegan would so help my health. Does anyone know of that is true or not?

JennyMarie

Asked by JennyMarie at 3:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• My sons a vegan. He says he feels alot better since he has been one. I know he is in better shape, never gets sick etc. Of course he is 17 yrs old and also works out about an hour everyday, runs 2 miles a day and is totally ripped. I dont know if its his diet, or the fact he is young and very fit?

Answer by gemgem at 3:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• That really depends on you as a person. There are a lot of benefits to going Vegan if you do it properly and maintain a healthy diet. You would have to do your research, so that you're still getting all of the nutrients that you need. Everyone requires different things for their body to run, so you would have to do your research to find the right meal plans that would work for you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i think its maybe because of the more veggies
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My sister in law is one and she has lost 70lbs and isoff all her meds . She said her energy level is outragrous and she now feel that she can works out. Before she was having all kinds of medical issues and could not get pregnant she just got pregnant is 3 months and she just is alot healthier
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 3:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't know whether or not it is true.
    -MidnightKarma-

Answer by -MidnightKarma- at 3:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It really depends on what health issues you have. Red meats can carry a lot of bad things but also provides you with protein and fiber. You really have to weigh the pros and cons along with what health issues you have.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If all you eat are twinkies and potato chips, you won't be healthy.
    If you drink plenty of water, and build your meals around vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruits, you will be healthy and feel fantastic!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't know whether or not being vegan will so help your health.
    shortcake120

Answer by shortcake120 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011