Y???? Im so depressed I just dont know what to do!!!

i took a test this morning. my period is not due until monday, but the test said that i could test up to 5 days before I miss my period. and like always it was NEGATIVE i am so depressed. DH and i have been ttc for almost a year now. its not working and i dont know y. i track my cycles and i know my ovulation. we have sex from the day that i get off my period up until 2 days after ovulation every other day and nothing is working. I am so depressed not getting that POSITVE every month i dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• stop trying so hard! maybe give yourself a break from trying and it might just happen plus I read somewhere men should wear boxers in stead of ordinary underwhere....Be positive! being depressed just gets you down... I kow this is not much ..I wish you luck.
    Dunty

Answer by Dunty at 10:16 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I'm no expert on this one- but I think you are trying too hard!! I know if has to be hard because you want a baby- but you always hear about how it happens when you have slowed down and are putting less pressure on yourself. Also- Do you think you might be having too much sex? (okay- sounds silly....) But really, I thought I read somewhere that it can help to wait until closer to ovulation so your husband "stores up" a strong stock of sperm. So maybe don't start the day after your period. Just an idea! Oh- and the boxers are good- the boys need some room to breathe!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• me and my hubby tried for a long time to get prego and everytime i took the test and got a negative i got really depressed and my husband told me that that was our last time we where goin to wait a lil bit. we still had sex with out a condom but there was not as much pressure and we got prego so i agree with the others and say you should stop tryin so hard just relax and when the time is right you will get prego
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Keep in mind that the accuracy of the test goes down the earlier you take it. Read the instructions carefully and you'll see that, even with the most sensitive tests, the best results come when you wait until you've missed your period. False negatives are common when a test is taken too early.

I'm sorry you're so frustrated and disappointed. How have you been tracking your ovulation? Have you tried using the basal body temp method?
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Okay I took me 3 months shy of 2 years to get pregnant. So don't worry(I know that does NOT help!) But seriously, Let him "build up" some. No Yellow #5(It is found in Mt. Dew and some other things, lowers sperm count) you can also have a sperm count done.
    I had finally decided after all of the above that if it was going to happen it would. That was hard to accept especilay after losing our 1st at birth. I was also told that if I did get pregnant again it would be difficult because my ovaries were covered with cyst and my uterus was tilted to the back some.
    Anyway when I gave up on trying SO HARD it was better. Not stressed as bad had more fun together, sex was back to being FUN again. I am not saying forget but TRY to take a break from putting yourself and him through so much pressure for a while.... You may be suprised what can happen!
    Anonymous

• my cousin and her hubby tried for a long time (years) to conceive and both had doctors tell them of their fertility challenges. they gave up and got involved in natural health... a friend gave them some sort of chinese mushroom cleansing tea and now their daughter is about 11 years old...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Have you ever heard Drive for him and Desire for her? Drive for him increase sexual activity plus doubles the active sperm count. So if the sperm is good and active it just may not be reaching the destination. Drive for him gives that extra boost and Desire for her well it helps out with the orgasms and other things to. These products are all natural but amazing.
    DeputyD

Answer by DeputyD at 4:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• ok so I'm telling you this because it sounds lile your very depressed and desperate. This defintly worked for me and I have two girls and both times I did it I got pregnant. First take a vitamin with folic acid the more vitamins and the more folic acid the better. folic acid is found in many things including hot cheetos. After you are done having sex put a pillow under your butt and lay there all night. Do not get up and do not move around much. Put some plasti or a towel under that pillow cause you might drip and it'll be pretty gross. It worked for me the same month . Also the most important thing, pray! Pray that it'll get you that baby you want. I've only done it twice and got pregnant with both my girls. I told 2 of my friends and both of them got pregnant the same month. Do it right after your perios for about 5 days and/or when your ovulating. Good Luck!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i know this sounds crazy, but i think going to a traditional chiropractor helped me conceive. i went to one a couple weeks before my fourth iui (intrauterine insemination) attempt, and after looking at the x-rays he took he said the bottom of my spine was compacted or something. he said that area has to do with reproduction...i hadn't even told him i was having trouble conceiving! the first couple times he tried to pop my back it was so tight he couldn't even get it to pop. then, after he was able to get it to pop a few visits in a row, i went in for my fourth and final iui attempt, and it worked! just a thought, but i know i got to the point where i was pretty much willing to try anything...good luck to you.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2008