Toddler Bed

At what age did you (or do you plan to) change your child from a crib to a toddler bed?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• my oldest went in one around her 2nd birthday, my middle around 20 months. both did great with the transitions.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My son will be 3 in March and he has a car bed that he has been sleeping in for about 3 months now so at 2 1/2 he made the transition. Didnt even make a fuss and half the time he just goes in and goes to bed all on his own. It seemed almost too easy...not potty traing for me...a whole different story lol
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We never used a toddler bed for any of my 5 kids. I switched them all to either a twin or full size bed around 2 and put side rails up.

Answer by missanc at 3:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• About 2 and 1/2. We will prob. Wait u til then to switch out dd too.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my youngest has yet to sleep in his own bed. he is 3 1/2 and still sleeps in bed with DH! LOL!!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 4:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I put both my kids into a twin bed after their crib. Actually, I tried a toddler bed with my oldest & he hated it, & I found he did better in a twin. So, when it came time to take my youngest out of the crib I just put him in the bottom bunk of the twin bunk beds.
    Amithyst

Answer by Amithyst at 4:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Mine started in toddler beds around 18 months.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my oldest was 2 and a half and my second was 1 and a half I done them at the same time it seemed easier for me
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 4:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• 3 years
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We switched to a twin with siderails the day I caught my daughter scaling the wall of her crib after a nap. I think she was almost 2.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 4:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011