weird question....itchy??

Ok...this is a really weird question. Lately...meaning about 6months or so (since I had my son) my belly button has been really itchy...just the area around the bottom half of my belly button. I don't have a clue why...I've scratched it so much (with out realizing) that I've caused little "sores" almost...they will heal..then I start scratching again and the cycle starts all over. I shower DAILY...& use TONS of lotions. It never itched before or even after I had my 1st son? Any ideas on what it could be or just suck it up and go to the dr?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Health

• Sounds like it could be eczema. Your hormones change after having a baby and that could have caused an outbreak. My whole family gets it from time to time and I know it's miserable! Sorry to tell you, but if it is eczema, you probably will have to have a doctor's prescription to really get relief. If you really don't want to go to the dr, try olive or peanut oil on it. I have a friend whose daughter has always had it real bad and that is the best OTC thing they've found to use. Good luck!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I had the same thing happen. it wasn't eczema for me. but while i was pregnant, the skin stretched so much that i lost feeling below the belly button, then after i had my son, i started to get feeling again and it was VERY itchy. but since you a saying there are sores, it could be eczema, or you could be creating the sores, just from scratching so much. either way, when you go to your doctor next time, i would mention it. :)
    foxylady8217

Answer by foxylady8217 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Mention this to your Dr.... it sounds like eczema. I dont remember the name of the lotion since I forgot it today... =( But this lotion has been prescribed to both me and my DD for this reason. It has a steroid in it and it not only makes it go away for a while, but it stops the itch immediately. We love it! Still comes back, but makes the itch stop is all I can really ask for!
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 11:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I know I create the sores myself from scratching...I do that alot. It ONLY itches in that area..no where else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2008