any advice on learning to let go and move on from a relationship that is ran its course?! I've stayed b/c of the small kids, but I'm no longer happy in this situation and the way he treats me after all I've done for him and stood by him through good & bad. I just wish I could be strong and let go and move on : (

aprilrb81

Asked by aprilrb81 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Well I don't know if you have a job or not, but if not that may be a 1st step. Then get yourself ready and go out w/the girls, have fun and thats it. When you keep your mind busy you won't think about him as much. One of those nights out Mr. Right will come along, just when you weren't looking. If you meet him your heart will tell you so, just like your heart is telling you now it's not the right guy. There are too many nice guys out there to take crap fr a guy who doesn't appreciate you, so do try and move on.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thanks :) yes i do have a job, but its not easy not thinking about the siutation while I'm here. but its a work in progress. But i can do it, i know i can. I know i will make some man very, very happy one day
    aprilrb81

Comment by aprilrb81 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• ~*Grieve*~... and continue to allow yourself to GRIEVE until it no longer hurts! Just make sure you do not jump directly into another relationship after? No need to have a rebound guy
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Just do it,don't be miserable or look for an out ...just do it .You will be proud of yourself !!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Is he going to be in your children's life? I would suggest counselling for both of you to learn to be friends that co-parent their children...As far as letting go, it's a process....you are going to grieve as if it is a death.....Don't talk to him about anyone but the kids and their needs....Don't talk about your relationship anymore....Take things one day at a time....Do things for yourself to build yourself up and to make you happy....Excercise...eat healthy, see girlfriends.....Don't date for at least a couple of years.....if you are religous, go to church, fill your life with wonderful.....play with your kids......Also, if he isn't going to be in your children's life, then cut all ties and ask for him to give up his parental rights....that will save a lot of agony for you and the children....and if he wants to see them sometime down the road, then it will be your call....Best wishes.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011