What makes a True Christian?

What are the qualifications of a True Christian? Are there absolutes that must be adheared to? Explain them to me please

http://www.cafemom.com/group/92949

Gretchen2876

Asked by Gretchen2876 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• A true Christian believes that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, confesses that and accepts him into their heart, and tries to live righteous.

That's it!

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I don't think its our place to decide whos a true christian and whos not. I know the standards that I hold for myself though. I think I need to believe that Jesus was the son of God, born as a baby, sent to Earth to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. I need to understand repentence and the moral law of God. I do not need to be perfect or try to be good. I need to see when I have screwed up, ask God for forgiveness, accept his forgiveness and move on with my life. I need to know what is and isn't acceptable in the eyes of God so that I might have understanding and strive to be like Christ. I need to walk daily with God so that I can accept all that he has for me. I think theres needs to be evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. Thats how you know christians. By their fruit. Its also how you know the enemy. By its fruit.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:36 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• in the simplest terms a Christian is only defined by the fact that Jesus is their savior and they believe he died to forgive everyone's sins.

after that is when you get into defining the separate denominations of Christianity...
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I believe it is someone, who yes, believes that Jesus is their savior, but also acts Christ-like. Non-judgmental, open, welcome, LOVING, respectful, caring, and empathizing are all things that make up a good Christian.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• A TRUE Christian is someone who has acknowledge that he is a sinner deserving of hell. He believes that Jesus died for our sins, rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God. He believes that Christ's blood has redeemed us, and is our salvation. He repents of his sin, accepts Christ as his savior.

A GOOD Christian lives for God, rests in God, follows the example of Jesus, and shines the light of God's love on others.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 1:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Darlin', I say this with all respect and honesty (no snarkiness intended) - that is between you and Christ. Every single Christian here will tell you what THEY think are the hallmarks of a "true Christian", but in the end, it doesn't matter what we think. It's what Christ thinks, that matters.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 1:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Redteux, I agree with you completely. I have seen a LOT of nastiness from Christians (and yes I am one) Ususally with the premise of "You can't be a true Christian if..." That's what spawned this question. I'm curious what people actually think a True Christian is. I haven't answered my own question, because I don't think I am extreme enough in my thoughts ;)
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Christians are not perfect. We have a lot of the same struggles as other people. The renewing of the mind takes time. The more tine you spend in the word and fellowshiping with strong believer and get involved the more mature you'll become in your walk. Never compare yourselfs with other believer the growth is different with all.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Sorry I type funny I'm on my palm treo phone.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Also the more you grow the more you'll walk by faith and see the spiritual realm. "For we do not struggle against flesh and blood...."
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2008