How to potty train a 2 yr old girl whos afraid of the toilet and to wear underwear! Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had this problem with my daughter...I went to walmart and bought the pull-ups starter kit...it comes with stickers, a chart and a potty graduate certificate...the reward system worked for her...she thought it was so cool!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:29 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Don't push. YOu will end up being longer doing this if you push her into something shes not ready for. Theres too many stereotypes associated with WHEN a child should be potty trained. Keep encouraging and let her know that there are incentives like stickers or m &m's if she does, but if she chooses not to, then let her alone. I promise you...she will not go to kindergarten un potty trained. Just let her do it in her own time. I have taken this approach with my 4th child and I was expecting to be over 3 before he did it. Hes only 2 1/2 and already wanting to do this on his own. I am so surprised. He might very well be done before 3. BUT, I am letting him go at his own pace. NO pushing.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• If she is scared of the potty and of underwear, then drop it for a few months. Ask her again in a couple months if she would like to go potty, if she says no, then wait longer. If you push her, she won't do it, so why fight her on it.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• this is what i did and it worked perfect! i put a bowl of her fav. candy on top of the toilet and every time she sits on it she gets a candy herself and then once she gets used to it then every time she pees let her get a candy. pooping is the hard part you should put a diaper on her a night for a few hours at 1st tell she gets the pee thing down
    MYA_MARIES_MOM

Answer by MYA_MARIES_MOM at 1:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2008