Nystagmus?

Does anyone else have this? I never even heard of it until I was diagnosed. Its a twitching eye. Its like everything you look at is moving back and forth really fast. It sucks.

Alison82

Asked by Alison82 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• Most people don't get it diagnosed...

It can be caused by so many different things. My brother can twitch his eyes back and forth really quickly because he's a curious kind of person who figured out how... but calcium deficiency (or too much calcium) can cause muscle tics... as can stress, some neurological disorders, bacterial or viral infections, allergic reactions, other eye irritants, even getting something in your eye...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my 3 boys have this! I never knew what it was til 1998! My children were born with it! they worked up on it and found out that my dad had it and i carry the gene! I passed it onto my boys and my daughter doesn't have it but she is a carrier!
    Billiejo22001

Answer by Billiejo22001 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011