Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Has any one ever had this adult content

my hubby and i have genital warts and want to get rid of it any suggestions with out going to the doctor

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

Answers (8)
  • Genital warts can only be treated by freezing them off. If you have a lot of them, you'll be wanting an anaesthetic for that.

    Answer by LindaClement at 4:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

  • I have a nursing background and this sounds the genital warts aka HPV. You should go get tested to find out. It is really important that you do as if it is HPV they will want to do paps more regularly. HPV can cause 85% of cervicle cancers so get checked!

    Answer by wdegroot at 4:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

  • You will have to go to the Dr for this one. They'll probably give you a cream that you put on every other day until they go away. It isnt very pleasant but it's well worth it because they will get worse if left untreated!! After I used the cream the one time I have not had to use it again which the Dr said could happen. GL!!

    Answer by XaviersMama311 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

  • Genital warts are from the HPV virus. You can't cure HPV. You can only monitor it. You need a doctor. Some warts can't even get removed.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

  • I'm sure you know there is no cure, but are you asking for a cure or way to get them off using soemthing? Just curious... never had them and pray I never do! ~*Hugs*~ to ya!!!

    Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

  • where would my hubby go?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

  • I'd just take him to the Gyno with you and make sure you let your Gyno know that your hubby has them as well. She may just suggest that you both use the cream otherwise she will definitely suggest where he should go to seek medical help for himself.

    Answer by XaviersMama311 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

  • Go to the doctor before it gets worst.

    Answer by Jillysmom at 8:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health