Have any moms here had strange things break their water? Like sneezing or coughing...

Just wondering...I am 37 1/2 weeks pregnant and coughing and sneezing my head off....my dh laughed and said I was going to break my water.

We laughed and then I started wondering if that was possible... :) :)

Any other strange things like that break your water?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 4:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My moms did? She told me she had gone for alot of walks hoping to bring on labor and finally made it home from one walk.. She took a shower and sneezed (water got in her nose I guess) and her water broke. SO I dont know if it was her walk, or the sneeze, but she says thats how it happened. Honestly I think its random. My dds water broke while she was asleep. I think your water breaks when the baby is head down and pushes against the bag and itll happen no matter if you sneeze, walk, or whatever.

Answer by gemgem at 6:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• jeez anon lighten up. it's a joke of a question. go change your tampon
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• no...it's not possible. i went to the gym and ran a couple miles while i was in labor. the midwife broke my water
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Mine broke while I was sleeping so not sure what broke it really. With my second it didn't break until she crowned, but the doc wanted to do it earlier and I declined.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• The dr had to break my water with my two oldest boys but with my daughter it broke on it's own and I thought I was just constipated. LOL. She was born 45 minutes later.
    tyandlukesmom

Answer by tyandlukesmom at 5:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Anon....I am not coughing or sneezing on purpose .....geesh...I have a small cold.....

I agree anon needs to change her tampon!
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my bff said that she woke upin the middle of the night having to go pee, stood up, she felt her dd punch inside her, and her water broke immediately... she was ready to get out! my dh had the strangest facination/ annoying feddish with pullingmy big toe - omg i hate him when he does that, reminds me of a little brother! but anyways, during my lsat pregnancy, he pulled my toe, (bastard!) and gave me braxton hicks for 4 hours!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2011