Glenn Beck

I watch his commentary show pretty often. I know he is made fun of a lot by Jon Stewart as well as news commentator's that disagree with him.

But, if you don't like him, can you tell me why?

It is fine to disagree with his views, but why is it okay to make fun of him?

Everything he says, he backs up with quotes and source material.

I don't honestly see his critics do that. It is almost if they just laugh at him loud enough, they feel like people won't listen to him.

I really hope people don't use this question as an opportunity to continue to make fun of him, in a Jon Stewart way, but that they will maturely present solid reasons for their dislike.

thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't understand this. He stands for things like non-violent disagreement, fiscal responsibility, return to the Constitutional Republic, the freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution, honest, integrity, doing your own research ("don't trust me....look it up yourself"), the values in the 9.12 Project. How can you 'disagree with everything he stands for'? That doesn't make sense to me?

It's easy to understand. They don't watch his show. They listen to rhetoric from the lame brain liberal/progressives.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't like him. I don't hate him. I think he speaks his mind. Makes good money at it..... More than anyone at MSNBC could even dream of, and that ALONE pisses "some" off..... I have read his books.... Interesting reads, but I don't always agree with his perspective.... He is nothing more than a paid commentator who speaks free....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Because he is extremely over emotional & over dramatic. He behaves worse than a school girl sometimes & fills peoples' heads full of fear. I think his personal opinions are competely whack-a-doo & hilarious, which is always good ammo for poking fun. John just does a good job of making fun of him & liberals eat it up because most if is hate glenn with a passion.

Many other commentators speak their mind just as good, of not better than Glenn Beck. But you wouldn't know it because you're not about to give any Liberal comentator your full listening ear.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• "Well for one thing he is teaching people to hate. Hate liberals, Hate gays, Hate Muslims, and Hate anyone who thinks different than you

BS. Have you ever listened to him or watched his show? If you had, there is no way you could honestly say this. 

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I find his neo con mannerism annoying (and yes his voice too)and I disagree with everything he stands for. That's not making fun, it's common sense to me. Don't subject yourself to right wing rhetoric and don't allow brainwashing to subdue you.

I personally think Jon nails the "YELLING" persona of Beck pretty well. If that's your thing, power to ya. I just don't care for it.
    Anonymous

• I disagree with everything he stands for......

I don't understand this. He stands for things like non-violent disagreement, fiscal responsibility, return to the Constitutional Republic, the freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution, honest, integrity, doing your own research ("don't trust me....look it up yourself"), the values in the 9.12 Project. How can you 'disagree with everything he stands for'? That doesn't make sense to me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9-12_Project

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I do not want to be entertained in the process of getting my daily news. If I want to be entertained by theatrics, comedy or drama, I will view productions showcasing those genres. GB fancies himself an entertainer. I agree with neither his rhetoric nor his delivery, and am therefore, not entertained.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• he drives me up the wall! his whole demeanor is off-putting...the "sincere guy worried for his country" act followed by the "these ppl are evil" act followed by the "dont trust me, look it up for yourself" act. and the blackboard, over-the-top, way of "proving" things is just too much for me. in the 3 episodes or so i forced myself to watch his history was so wrong it was painful mostly b/c ppl believe him! he is the fear-monger of all fear-mongers and while there are a few things we agree on he's just too tin-foil-hat-like to take seriously. he sets himself up for Stewart and others and i wouldnt be surprised if he loves the attention.

South Park did a whole episode based off Beck and it was so right on it was hilarious...its called "Dances w/ Smurfs".
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I like his TV show better than his radio show. He gives a very real education on some freaky stuff. He always tells you to do your own research and not to just believe him. It's funny how no one can or will actually prove him wrong on this stuff. Liberals hate him because he is right. He predicted most everything that has happened years ago when he worked for CNN but you will not hear a liberal admit it. He IS a regular guy who has conquered a lot in his life. Ok obviously you are just spewing or you are just a lib who sees everything with a left leaning view, I too, do my own research and he is spot on. Most of it is very obvious. It;s ok, people see things the way they want to see them. We can all have our own opinions. It's just usually the left who is so nasty and hateful about it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yep joking about killing people is ok

. It apparently was ok for Montel Williams, Chris Mathews, Ed Schultz.... Joe Biden threatened to "strangle" Republicans..... How serious did you take him? Ohhh wait, he made that comment when it was "Cool" to speak that way......  Errrr, ohhh wait.. Biden made his comment around the SAME time as many of Beck's comments that are being "used" against him.....  Hrmmmmmm

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2011