Interveiw

I have an interveiw. I have a job right now in which I am a Certified Nursing Assistant. I work in a nursing home in which I really enjoy the residents. I just need more hours and I do not like the drama between all the workers. THere is atleast one call out a day. Which somtimes leaves us short. So I have applied at a different place, still a nursing home but I have heard such great things about it.I applied yesterday and I have an interveiw on Thursday. I am just thinking of what I am suppose to tell them when they ask why I want to work there instead of the other place and I have all these thoughts. Any suggestions?

mommyof2_1989

Asked by mommyof2_1989 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• You can be totally honest and say you are hoping to work more hours . Don't get into any of the other stuff
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Definately don't tell them anything negative about your current employer. Talking about looking for a better growth opportunity, things along that lines is always good.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I agree with the advice of the other 2 before me... but as an HR Director, I will add that you that flattery gets you everywhere! Don't "smack talk" your current employer even a little bit, but..... there is nothing wrong with telling them their reputation is so great that you'd leave your current, "comfortable" position for the opportunity to work for them. :)
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Don't say anything negative about your current employer. If pressed, don't lie either. Just simply state you are looking for an opportunity that offers more career advancement and more hours. Be careful of stating things that are based out of hearsay. As a person in a hiring position, I want to see an individual who's done the homework on their own. Check out the Company's website, their press releases, or their SEC filing (if it's a publicly traded company) to see what's been happening with the Company, and ask the question where do they see the Company going short term, mid-term, long-term, etc. Be truthful. To an expierenced professional, bxll-shxtting always come through.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011