Im newly pregnant, only 6 weeks and 3 days! Can someone help me out by telling me what to expect and whats normal?

I have been having some cramping, not very bad. Just here and there, and it only started today. No blood nor back pain with it. I am kind of worried because i thought the cramping should have stopped by now. I dont see my doctor til Thursday. I dont want to go to the ER and this be nothing but completely normal! Any advice you may have about this would be wonderful! And any advice about what to expect the next couple of months would be appreciated as well :) Thanks!

Lhumphrey11

Asked by Lhumphrey11 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Cramping is completely normal. I had it at the beginning of both of my pregnancies. I wish you luck and congrats!
    mommyof2_1989

Answer by mommyof2_1989 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Dont worry unless you have cramping with bright red beeding.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Go to TheBump.com and click on the link titled: 10 things no one warned you about pregnancy. Some of it seems funny but sadly it is all too true. In cases like yours I would just simply call your Dr's office, talk to a nurse and get your answer. They are happy to help and the advice is free!
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I also recommend that list that McErin48 is talking about. I wish someone had told me before I got pregnant that I was going to pee myself a little every time I barfed or sneezed. haha!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Totally normal..you'll get use to the cramping b/c it happens for a while. Get a good book..like the one everyone recommends, "what to expect when youre expecting." I also found the website thebump.com to be extremely helpful. I hardly ever have questions for my doctor b/c I usually find my answers on that site. good luck!
    missmay5

Answer by missmay5 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thank you ladies! I had cramping early on..like 4-5 weeks. And it had stopped for awhile, and started back up again, i wasnt sure if it was normal! I guess for some reason since it had quit for a week or so, i just didnt think it was normal to start again!
    Lhumphrey11

Comment by Lhumphrey11 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011