Why didn't the MSM make a big deal about the assination attempt of Missouri Gov?

"A man accused of stabbing a Kansas City college official intended to instead attack Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon and mistakenly believed he had done so, police said Thursday.

The suspect, 22-year-old Casey Brezik, did not know Nixon and had no particular beef with the governor, but he decided to attack him because he was a top government official, Kansas city police spokesman Darin Snapp said."

If you live outside of Missouri, did you hear about this?

myame

Asked by myame at 5:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• myame

Comment by myame (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have no idea why most people aren't covering it.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 5:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• No
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I live IN Missouri, and I haven't heard about that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Media is Bias
    myame

Comment by myame (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Just checked all local news... nothing on there either. Instead, this is my top headline:  14 Month Old Girl Dies After Found in Bucket of Bleach.....

Argh....

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had not heard about it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Because the guy was a very ultra-liberal. The liberal press can't turn on one of their own I guess. That is why they aren't 'news' agencies anymore. They sensor too much out and only report certain stories. The people who can't get cable news wouldn't know these things. Fox reported it yesterday, but it happened in Sept. Why cover it up?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Haven't heard this but I don't watch a lot of news and won't assume it wasn't covered.... Fox reported it yesterday? Hmm, digging up old news for what purpose jesse, other than to stir up sh*t? I mean, old news won't get rehashed on MSM and you can't say other channels didn't cover it? Tuscon was a massacre, big difference.
    Anonymous

• I heard about it but only because I have family there and some of them were discussing it. Otherwise I never would have known about it. It wasn't sensational enough to garner major media attention.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011