about cleaning

when you clean everyday. and husband have bad habits you tell him to pick it up and do it and even kids too. and they didnt do it and you have to do it after them. and you rather to have a tidy house which dont want to trip on. I get really frustrated... how do you handle it? i do cleaning chores all day until when its the house is done. when they get home from work and school. they mess it allll up.... and you re do it all over again. i hate dirty house and toys as a crumb all over the house and they didnt put away!

rachtrin

Asked by rachtrin at 10:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Home & Garden

• All i need is feedbacks.....
    rachtrin

Answer by rachtrin at 10:38 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I so understand. But I guess thats the bad part of being us. lol
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I dont wanna be rude, but thats life.... Men and Children in general are messy. I like my house clean as well, but I refuse to break my back and go crazy trying to keep it clean. If you want a Clean and Tidy house that stays clean and tiday Constantly, then you should have not gotten married and Really shouldnt have had kids.... oh and I hiope you have no pets. I gave up on my house being spotless a long time ago and I am a happier person because of it. OH, and a more reasonable solution is to crack the whip.... DH and kids need to realize that you work hard to keep the house clean and THEY NEED TO HELP!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• ...Yeah it sucks...

I tell hubby to get his butt in gear

And with the tone of voice i am using he will

DD doesnt really mess things,
    She helps momma and daddy clean once in awhile

Her room on the other hand hahaha.
    its her domain, so i go in there and clean and walk out 2 minutes later it looks a tornado just hit her room,

but i think its kinda cute, it doesnt harm nothing...and i just clean it again
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• In our home everyone is responsible for a chore (s). My eldest does the vacuuming of the living room , he takes out the garbage and cleans his room. The little guy knows to put his toys away when he's done although not thoroughly, it does get done. My husband also helps by picking up . It all comes down to making everyone in the house responsible for keeping the home clean. We have stressed to the boys that this is our home and our home is a reflection of who we are and how people see us. If you take care of your home and keep it tidy, it reflects well on us all and it also feels good to live in a nice clean environment.

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• anon10:58 : I manage to keep a clean and tidy house with a husband, three children, and a long haired dog. I'm not sure that was the nicest thing to say to the original poster.

Your children can have age appropriate chores. It's never too early to help them learn to put away their toys. What helped me was really simplifying my home by removing unnecessary clutter. I put items that I don't think I need anymore in a box. I then phone Sal Army, Vol of Amer, etc to schedule a pick up. If I haven't dug through the box looking for stuff before they come to pick up, I donate it. Also, make your children and husband follow the rule "When a new thing comes into the house an old thing must go." That will help with clutter and keeping a neat and clean house as well. I think you just need to be firm and if they won't help you clean up their toys, then take them away. They'll eventually get it. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• If hubby and/or the kids leave a mess after I've cleaned, they get one warning to put whatever it is in its place. If they don't head my warning, I take care of it >>> in the trash it goes. They learn awful quick that way.
    Anonymous

• For those of you with children I can't stress enough how important it is to get them in the habit of cleaning when they are younger. My youngest was not made to consistently clean and she is an out and out slob. She is 17 1/2 yrs old and I dread the man she ever marries. I wish I had cracked the whip when she was little when I had more authority over her. after they get so old it is a losing battle.
    Anonymous

• i trained my kids young...if my boys make a mess they immediately clean it up...so cute. just today my 11 mth old knocked over a plant and my 5yr and 3yr stopped playing and one got the vac and the other help pick stuff up...and my boyfriend is naturally clean like me, he hates messes just as much. ahh thank God for that one..
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2008