H & R Block love or hate?

besides their outrageous prices do you love or hate H & R block?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 5:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have never used them.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't think they are worth the money. Many of the people that work there went though a quick training program, and then rely on their computer program to do the return. Most people can do the same by using TurboTax or something.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Kinda mad right now. I went to them to do my taxes using a power of attorney over my husband who can't be here. Made me wait forever and when I finally was called they said that I was missing one small clause in there and couldn't let me use it to do my taxes. Went elsewhere and they had no problem with my power of attorney.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• The one year I used them (and paid out the you-know-what) I loved them. For me it was like paying for the convenience because they got my returns back to me so quickly and put them on a debit card. The debit card also cost me money but I didn't have a bank at that time, and couldn't get one. It was nice because they take all of the charges out of your refund, which at the time seemed like free money anyways because I had no idea I'd be getting that much back.
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I won't use them. When our taxes were simple enough for them to handle, they were simple enough for me to do on the computer. Now that they are very complicated, we take them to a real accountant. I have no idea what they charge, but we pay $850 to have an accountant do ours.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• we use a free service that is cleared by militaryonesource.com and its through H&R block. our taxes are simple so I just do them.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 5:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I used them before I got married & I thought they were okay..nothing to brag about..
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My husband and I went there last year to find out if they could file an amendment on our taxes since we just bought a house. When we asked there were 3 people that stood there and argued who was going to help us then one lady looked at us and said "fine, I'll do it". My husband said "sorry we inconvenienced you by asking for your services" and then we left and went to jackson hewitt where the guy was very helpful and nice. So I guess I hate them. I would never pay to get my normal taxes done, but if I was going to I would not go there ever again.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Hate.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 6:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• They seem to be fantastic or horrible. The first year we filed with them- it was horrible. The 2nd year, fantastic. I'm not sure if we're going back again this year.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011