How often do you and your husband/SO have sex?

I just talked to my sister and she has a 3 year old and a 4 month old. She told me she hasn't had sex in 15 months! I couldn't believe it. I'm 24 weeks pregnant and have a 15 month old at home. We usually only have sex once or twice a week and I think that is bad. How often do you do it and how many kids do you have? I always feel like it isn't good for your relationship to skip out on the sex. My husband and I always get along better when we are intimate.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• we just had our first baby 3 months ago and weve only had sex maybe 4 times. Weve been waiting until i was on somekind of birthcontrol, which i just got on so hopefully well be having alot more!!!
    EliannasMama

Answer by EliannasMama at 5:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• we have a 3 year old and I work 8 to 6 and he works nights so we fit about 3-4 times in on the weekends maybe once during the week... my husband would freak if it was longer than 2 weeks.. he's somewhat of a nympho i think.. I would settle for 2 times lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We have 5 kids; 14, 13, 13, 11, and 3. We've been married for 6.5 years. We have sex 5-6 times a week usually. We've never gone more than 5 days without any sexual activity since we've been together - and that's only when one of us was out of town for work. Some couples don't have/want/need sex that often some do more, the important thing is that both people are happy with their sex life. 15 months seems pretty extreme!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• as often as possible. we have 2 kids and am currently 8.5 months prego with number 3. we have sex atleast 2 to 3 times a week. used to be everyday but we dont have time for it like that anymore. and when we do we both end up crashing before we even get started...lol...
    Anonymous

• I am six months along with a four year old and a two year old. Sometimes we have it seven nights a week, sometimes just one. It really depends on my hormones at this point. Normally I would say it is every-other night. Less if he is working a lot of closing shifts and comes home tired.
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We have three kids under 4, the youngest being 7 weeks, and have sex at least twice a week. No more than that because hubby's gone half the week and by the time all the kids are in bed we both want to sleep.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• not enough, we actually argue over it cause i feel we should have it more he is 10 yrs older than me and isn't as sexual as i am
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• When we had our first child, we didn't have sex for 18 months, the entire pregnancy and nine months afterwards. When we had our second child, it was 12 months without sex. Now, I'm pregnant with our third and it's been six months without sex. I think this is far more common than people would think or care to admit. My husband and I get along fine without sex since our relationship was never based on sex in the first place. I'm sure once this kid gets evicted from the condo things will go back to normal.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011