• In the Spotlight:

Could I have an ear infection?

Ever since this morning I have throbbing pain around the back side of my left ear and it is making me dizzy and light headed. I took some tylenol for pain about 4 hours ago and now it must be wearing off because it is throbbing again. It doesn't feel like it is actually inside my ear though. I haven't had an ear infection since I was little and was not sure what it feels like anymore. Any help would be great. I am planning on going to acute care as soon as DH is home from work but that won't be for another 45 minutes.

tyandlukesmom

Asked by tyandlukesmom at 5:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• I'd be calling your dr. ASAP just to be on the safe side you know
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• they sell homeopathic ear pain drop at the drug store which work great...you can also use warmed olive oil (2-3 drops) in your ear it helps with pain and infection, most ear infections go away by themselves in 3 days. anything longer and you should seek medical advice...
    DJLadyK

Answer by DJLadyK at 6:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It's sounds like a inn ear infection so u should see the E.R. right away you don't want to pass out while driving or something due to that.
    GabsterMum

Answer by GabsterMum at 8:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Sounds like sinus .. How did you make out at the dr?
    bergencounty

Answer by bergencounty at 8:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• You should see a Dr today- Probably a inner ear infection-You need and antibiotid
    Redbird26

Answer by Redbird26 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'd see the dr right away
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I went to the dr after my dh got home and the dr said it wasnt an ear infection but sinus drainage and that was pulling on my eustachian tube causing ear pain.
    tyandlukesmom

Comment by tyandlukesmom (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2011