what can i do and what helps yall

ok so ive been trying to diet eat healthy and all that. But its been hard when im going to school part time ,working part time and as well as being a mom. So u can say im pretty busy. But how can i work on eating right and exercising and stop my urges of eating junk food ,fast food and all that bad stuff. What diet are yall doing is it workin for u. How do u fight ur urges to eat sweets and junk food. I would really like advice cuz ive been saying imma get in shape for the longest time ,but im really wanna do this for my daughter and me and no one else so any advice is better than nothing.

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I try to have a bottle of water near me, or have a try of veggies close by. Me its just if its there, I'll eat it no matter what my craving maybe. So have some other things around to grab for instead. chew gum.
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Try listerine breath strips, they freshen your breath and trick your mouth into thinking you put some kind of flavor into it, brushing your teeth is also something that may work for you, food doesn't taste good right after your teeth have been brushed.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Chewing sugarless gum helps sometimes. My doctor told me that when I was craving something sweet or something salty before I do anything, I should drink an 8 oz glass of water and then wait about 15 minutes to see if the craving goes away. She said that sometimes we confuse thirst with hunger. If after the 15 minutes you are still hungry then eat something crunchy like celery or carrots. I find that she is right and if I drink a glass of water most of the time the craving goes away.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Quitting the junk food/sweets habit is hard. REALLY hard. Keep a bottle of water with you at all times...when you get a craving, drink some water. Pre-make your meals for the week, especially if you're strapped for time. I usually spend Sunday morning/early afternoon in the kitchen making dinners/lunches for the week. It requires an initial investment into a lot of stackable freezer containers though! Doing that allows you to focus on cooking healthy meals and it cuts down on time during the week. You can heat & eat pretty easily.

If you're really craving a sweet, keep a small bar of dark chocolate in your purse....eat ONE square....it's better for you than milk chocolate and it'll satisfy the "sugar" urge.

Good luck =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think just changing small things... like cutting otu sugar, eating more whole foods and low/healthy carbs, and drinking more water makes a huge difference, as well as working in a walk every day, even if it is only 30 minutes.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I keep a bottle of water with me. For the sugar cravings, I've started chewing the Extra dessert delights gum. It has helped me. Also, I'll choose a piece of fruit over something more caloric for a sweet treat. One day a week, I'll splurge on a true dessert so that I don't deny myself and wind up over-indulging later.
    AlliPerry

Answer by AlliPerry at 2:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• water, and when I get a craving for sweets I chew sugar free gum
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• get rid of bad food options, take snacks with you to school and work... use your kid(s) to work out... dance and play with them...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2011