what can i do

ok so ive been trying to diet eat healthy and all that. But its been hard when im going to school part time ,working part time and as well as being a mom. So u can say im pretty busy. But how can i work on eating right and exercising and stop my urges of eating junk food ,fast food and all that bad stuff. What diet are yall doing is it workin for u. How do u fight ur urges to eat sweets and junk food. I would really like advice cuz ive been saying imma get in shape for the longest time ,but im really wanna do this for my daughter and me and no one else so any advice is better than nothing.

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• I've been doing things slow. I gave up any sugared drinks, then french fries, then potato chip. etc. Once your body gets used to not eating bad things, you don't crave them as much. I also keep healthy snacks around; carrot sticks, celery - that way when I get the munchies the healthy things are ready. It is hard, but if you take it slow, you can do it!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• yea ive been drinking alot of water and trying to stay away from sodas and all that and its jus harder than i thought it would be but i really want to do this
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• For me I reward myself if I am having a craving with a soda or chocolate. I make it a lifestyle. I would say once your body is used to the better foods it starts craving it instead of the unhealthy choices. I think about what is in the food and what nutrition it is putting into my body. And I prepare, I steam veggies and section them out so I don't have to seperate later. I make an effort to make it easy on me by preparing the foods that are better for me in advance so that it is easy for me to eat healthy. Good luck and do it for you.
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• YES STAY AWAY FROM SODA. drink water and reward yourself here and there
    Kelly2573

• Believe me I know where you are coming from! I am a stay at home mom of 4. sell avon, and am going back to college full time! I have made a resolution this yr to loose weight! So far I have lost about 14 lbs! I quit buying pop, bought healthy snacks and limit my intake on sweets! so far it is working
    Billiejo22001

Answer by Billiejo22001 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011