is this how he reacts? please please answer......

if your husband loses something in the house, how does he react? lets say the kids misplaced or moved something that belongs to him. my dh flies into a rage. liek right now, he cant find his hair clippers and he's having a bitch fit. my 4 yr old son is standing in front of him going, 'i love you daddy' to try and calm him down. i'm trying to calm him down. all he is saying is, i'm not mad while at the same time, throwing and kicking things out of the way and slamming doors and drawers so hard that the house is shaking. this is everytime the kids misplace something that belongs to him. how do you deal with your kids moving stuff that belongs to your dh/so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• No,my husband does not act like that

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Tell him to put things up so the kids can't get to them and this won't happen. It's his responsibility to take care of his things and make sure they are in a safe place out of the reach of kids.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My husband is laid back.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my dhdoes the same thing the only difference is that he is the one who constantly misplaces his stuff and blames the kids for doing it. its so annoying. i tell him that if he would remember where he leaves his stuff he wouldn'tget so upset looking for it. he knows I'm right so he stays quiet and will not respond.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• no he doesn't get the least bit mad he jus says "I'm getting old" lol he don't loose or misplace things very often tho
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• WOW! He has an anger problem!

Mine always askes me if I know where it it since I always seem to know.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• when he calms down enough ask him to look back at his behavior and try to see it from the kids' perspective. Does he want them behaving that way when they lose something? Kids learn from observation and example.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my hubby does not react that way.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I feel for you because my husband has an anger issue, but that is with me when we fight, he's a great father and generally low key about little issues like that...but like I said, when his anger flares at me, its that same ridiculous behavior...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Oh my goodness, no. He might grumble about it, but then he shrugs it off and says "It'll turn up eventually." He rarely gets pissed off about not being able to find stuff because we have a small child. Organization no longer exists for us, because she just pulls everything right back out.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011