Not sure whats going on....

Last night I went to L&D bc I had only felt my baby move about 5 times thruogh the whole day and it had been almost 4 hours since I felt her. Of course when I got ther she went crazy and they sent me home after only 20 mins. At about 2 this morning I woke up throwing up and having pretty bad cramps which (sorry) turned out to be dierrreah but not bad. Is this leading up to my labor(I'm 37 weeks) or am I just getting a virus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's very possible you could be going into labor. They say some women do get nausea and diareha (sp?) before going into labor because its your bodies natural way of getting everything prepared and cleaned out. Good luck momma :-)
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• wholey cow, im 32 weeks and i woke up at 4 with bad cramps and im having horrible diarreah! Like 6 times since then and its now 7 am.

I think we are in preterm labor girl..
    cuz these cramps are making me want to scream.
    BayB

Answer by BayB at 10:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• That can indeed be a sign of impending labor (upset stomach). It's the hormone shift in very early labor that causes a lot of women to get diarrhea, or even vomit.

I'm glad everything was okay with your little one. Don't hesitate to go back in if her movement drops off again, or if your gut is telling you something is wrong. When I was in really early labor they tried to send me home with a sedative so I could sleep, but I felt like something just wasn't right, so I pretty much just refused. Shortly after that my son's heartbeat dropped off the charts and the sh*t hit the fan, so I was really grateful I had listened to my instincts. With some intervention, he was born perfectly healthy.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• BayB... call you doctor and let him/her know what's going on (if you haven't already). They may want to check you since you're still pre-term.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2008