IF you are on PA not including WIC just medical,food and/or cash..how long have/were you on it for?

I am not on PA..I was and I am glad it was there in time of need..we were on it for 3 years...yeah I know long time :(

mommaofemma

Asked by mommaofemma at 6:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• i was on it for 3 years with my son too.. but now i actually found a job..
    skull_bunnies69

Answer by skull_bunnies69 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've been on it my whole life cuz my mom is disabled.

but I started getting it on my own for me and my kids about 3 years ago when my son was born. I work 40 hrs a week and go to school part time. and no 3 years isnt a long time..lol believe me!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i just get medical only because one im not working and my husband is on disablity and even when i was working the healthcare was so expensive i couldnt afford it. but in wisconsin if you make over a certain amount which we do you can still get medicaid but pay a premium and a copay for medication which we do pay a premium.
    after my husband goes for total and permenat disability (he is 100% scheduled) through the va everyone will have medical and then i wont need medicaid.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i always see people on here ONLY using it for 3 months and stuff so 3 years is a long time to some :)
    mommaofemma

Comment by mommaofemma (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I used WIC and state health insurance for about 6 months while my husband was unemployed. When he got a job... I got off. I was happy to have the help when we needed it.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• SO left me while pregnant so I was a single mom before I gave birth and was unemployed. I was on WIC for about 11 months for only formula. Was on PA for cash, medical and food for about 6 months. I was always so against being on any PA but it really helped me when I was at my lowest and I am forever grateful. The whole time I was on I was job searching on my own and once I signed my job offer I stop all assistance.
    Anonymous

• Food stamps off and on for about 1.5 years (early college days)...my kids get medical...and I got a TANF check once when hubby lost his job and I was on maternity leave....umm...pretty much Im down to medical for the kids though! And I hope I can get ahold of one of the county jobs Ive been applying for so we can afford health insurance!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i have been on pa for foodstamps and medical for me when i was preggy and my son for about 2 years. it helps out a lot since we were a 1 income family until hubby recently got laid off. we couldnt afford daycare
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2011