DOLPHINS

Have you ever swam with them? If so, did ya feel nervous at all or just plain FUN!?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have not, but my mom used to surf with wild dolphins here in CA. One in particular accepted her as part of the pod and lifeguards told her he would swim up and down the beach looking for her when she was due to arrive. When she was late, he would swim up and chide her until she apologized. One time, he got between her and a shark and drove it off.

Personally, my only experience was at Sea World. I was pregnant and the dolphins would not approach any of the visitors except me, and they kept eyeing my belly. When I asked one in particular if he knew how beautiful he was, he nodded, then rolled over and offered me his belly to rub. it was the most amazing experience. Looking into their eyes - is looking into the eyes of a really old, wise soul.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I was able to swim with some when I went to the islands they were really gentle and did not feel as if they would harm me. My niece has autism and the dolphin swam with her holding her up out of the water she loved it.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 6:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We went to swim but the kids got freaked so we played with them from the dock. In the keys, their pens are swampy looking and not as clear. If the water had been crystal clear, it might have made a difference. But just touching them was cool.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• awesome to hear!
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011