Sex talk

What age do you talk DETAILS? I know maturity matters but what is the avg age? I know some ppl dont give all the details but some do. Like penetration and orgasms and such. What is your take and your desired age? (though I know its not "desired" for any age! lol)

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• I told my oldest dd around 9, but not about orgasms or anything like that. Just the standard birds and bees talk & how her body would go through changes. My boys were around 10-11.

Answer by gemgem at 6:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My hubby and I are pretty open about the subject. When our children hit puberty we will explain exactly how a baby is made. The other stuff will probably wait until they are active. We kind of feel well we don't want you too but if you're going to at least be safe and do it right. I still have a good 10 years to go though!!!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 6:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have been talking to my son about sex, his body, etc since he was 6. It is not a one time conversation. It should be ongoing and geared towards the child's age, development and what he or she is asking. My son had the protection, intercourse, how babies and born and made in 6th or 7th grade. He also learned about female's bodies. It is too late to talk to a child once they are already active.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2011