Religious beliefs?

What are your religious beliefs? I have a friend that wishes I'd find my faith. To be honest I'm just not comfortable with any of it. I have a hard time thinking that with all the beliefs out there 1 has to be better or the only 1. So I guess my questions is Why do you believe in whatever you do?

how_reb

Asked by how_reb at 6:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i belive that all religons are right. i belive that they all worship a god and no matter what they call that god it or how they worship it it all leads to the same god. and i belive that you dont have to go to church to worship you can worship in your own home if you want.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• ALL beliefs are RIGHT for the person(s) whom practice it...
    I am a Pagan- Wiccish-Witch... basically I follow the basics of the Wiccan religion
    practice the Art of the Craft and draw from other beliefs that make mine perfect for me...
    Religious beliefs is a personal choice for ea individual, it can not nor should it be picked
    for you by another.... Whatever you choose or not to choose IS what IS going to be RIGHT
    for YOU.... It is and always will be YOUR choice...

I hope you find what you seek in your Journey
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am a Pagan and it's a pretty loose broad *religion* that lets you believe what you will on your own terms. I have certain beliefs about certain things and I stick to it for my own being. I dont read a book or go to a church, as I feel uncomfy doing that (i even feel uncomfy going to a church iin weddings and services too!) Do what you feel is right for you....it comes from within. other religions have many gods, some have 1, there is no right or wrong path and no right or wrong way to nirvana. :)
    DJLadyK

Answer by DJLadyK at 6:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I researched a lot of religions before I found Buddhism. I don't believe that my beliefs are right and everyone elses are wrong, I believe my beliefs are right for me. I chose Buddhism because the fundamentals are things that I believed in, and largely how I was living my life anyway. It was (and still is) a perfect fit for me. Religion is a very personal decision, it took years before I found one that fit.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I consider myself a Christian Universalist. My basic beliefs are that there is a God, Who is love, and Who hopes we will all grow in our love for one another as well as for Him. I believe all religions are equally valid, and I believe that they are all different ways of understanding and relating to the Divine. I believe in a heaven, but not in hell, and I believe Jesus is one of many great teachers who can help us in cultivating our spirituality in growing to be more loving and more God-like (meaning emulating those characteristics which make up His own character - love, compassion, humility, patience, graciousness, etc). Being a Christian, Jesus is my main inspiration, and his message and life are the foundation of my understanding of and relationship with the Divine, though I also pull from the message of other great teachers as well. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• What are your religious beliefs?
    I'm a Spiritual Pagan Witch with leanings towards Kabbalah. I believe in God, but not the Christian version. I believe we all have to find our own way.

"I have a friend that wishes I'd find my faith. My friend has another planned "talk" with me" 
    These two statements bother me. What kind of friend does this?A true friend would not be planning to have a "talk" with you about it. She IS trying to push you into something and it's making you uncomfortable. I would tell her to back off. You will find your path when you are ready. If you allow yourself to be pushed into ANY religion, you will not be happy. 

Good luck on finding the path meant for you. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You sound just like me, I'm uncomfortable with religion too because it causes too much drama. Every religion feels that theirs is the chosen one and I get tired of all the nonsense. Why is religion so important anyway. Talking about God make me uncomfortable as well.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thanks! My friend has another planned "talk" with me....haha She's not pushy but I can't seem to get her to understand that I can't and won't choose or label myself as something just because it says so in a book. I also believe as laura970 said, they all lead to the same God. The whole idea of 1 being better than another just bothers me. I don't claim any religion, but that doesn't mean I don't think that there's a higher power(if that makes any sense)
    how_reb

Comment by how_reb (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I belief that God made the universe and he sent his son jesus to die on the cross to wash away are sins. That if we ask him to come into our hearts we will go to heaven when we die. I pray that God will make himself known to you.
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 6:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am spiritual and believe in reincarnation, Mother and Father God, spirit guides, etc. I've seen spirits so I know they exist.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011