Wedding bells or not?

what do you think about marriage? Is it nessisary for you (if you are married or for the single ladies)? Or is it just a piece of paper saying the government accpts you as a married couple? Is it REALLY nessisary or important if you truely have found your life mate?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it all depends on the person. For me Personally..I NEED to get married. I am a person that was born for the Mother and Wife role. But I take marriage EXTEREMLY SERIOUSLY and REFUSE to have a divorce unless me or my children are being abused. When I make that commitment I mean if for life..and I want it to be with someone I love and that I know loves and will loves me threw it all..and isnt going to change their mind in 10 years. I think its important for me. I want to beable to say "This is my Husband, This is the Man I am Choosing to Give my Life too and share it with..and we are bonded" Idk..I guess Marriage to me is more than a piece of paper..I dont even care about the paper..it's the ceremonial part of it that symbolizes everything I believe in.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think it is awesome. I don't think it is in the cards for me but I would want it because I totally want my friends life. It looks so amazing from the outside. Pretty sure it is awesome on the inside too. I just don't know how to be in a relationship. never been in one. Marriage is awesome because it is unity and togetherness.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 6:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I love being married, and it's more than a piece of paper to me. It was necessary for DH and I, we wanted to be "man and wife."
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't think you need to be married in order to be in love, but for some people it is just the next step. Works for me and hubby anyway!
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 6:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Although I love my husband with all my heart, I do think after we got married things changed. Everyone we know told us, "oh, things are different after your married" And I was like, ok.. sure. Because we have lived together for 4 years before we were married last year. And it DOES change. ALOT. My aunt & uncle have been together for over 30 some years, & I thought they were married until sometime a few months ago. But they arent. & they ave the picture perfect marriage. It's just my opinion, but that's what I think. If I could go back, I wouldn't have gotten married. I would have just stayed the way we were.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It is more then just a peace of paper to me. There are a lot of things that come with that peace of paper. If you do not have it you can't get or do.

Lets say your SO or you decide to go in the military. If you are not married. You or your SO that is not in does not have any military benefits. That is just one thing.

Answer by louise2 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My husband and I will celebrate our 46th anniversary on Sunday, and our marriage has been such a blessing. It is way more than a piece of paper. The vows that we made were not only to one another; they were to God whose idea marriage was in the beginning. When all is said and done, marriage is, was and always will be the basic institution of all society, and I am saddened that it has come to have so little respect.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Marriage, yes. I love being married, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Marriage license, no. I wish I hadn't got one, because I don't need Uncle Sam to be the third party in my marriage. Since when is marriage illegal? Because that's what a license is for - something that would be illegal without special government permission. That's why James Bond has a license to kill.
    MariAnKenobi

Answer by MariAnKenobi at 8:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Marriage is very important and more than a piece of paper. I hate that phrase for it because it's so untrue. I am divorced, but it's not because I didn't try and didn't value my vows, there were other reasons it happened.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011