So my DS has been sick for the past couple days, I finally got him in to see the doc today...

And found out that he has RSV and an ear infection in his right ear. I am so worried about him right now, he is only 2 1/2 months old and this is already his second respiratory infection. And apparently RSV can put him in the hospital...god I am so scared....they put him on antibiotics and ear drops and said that I need to get him a humidifier (which I dont have the money for right now), and saline drops....I am not sure if I have an actual question, I think this is more of a vent or statement....

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 6:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would talk to your doctor about breathing treatment. You should get a machine u can take home and when u see that he is getting bad you can use it to open his air way. My son got phenmonia a lot when he was younger but he is almost two and has only had it once since then. SO he will probably grow out of it. Does anyone smoke?? My brother had a lot of upper respiratory problems and whn my grandpa would hold him it would cause problems b/c he smoked and the smell of smoke would mess him up.
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 6:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• if you don't have money for the humidifier right now..put the shower on and shut the door..let it steam up and take him in there with you for a little while. It will do wonders for him! you could even take him in the shower with you, although its slippery!
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 6:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• get a suction bulb and suction out his nose after you put in saline drops. he wont like it and he will cry but you want him to cry because it will help clear out his lungs too. watch for blue colored hand and feet and it can happen fast if it does get him in immediatly.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I second the shower idea; the steam will do wonders.
    Here's instructions on how to make your own saline nasal spray.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5670278_make-moisturizing-saline-nasal-spray.html
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• shower idea is a good one so is suctioning the nose and be ready for a cry fest!! every time DS gets a cold I do his nose and he HATES it but it helps so much
    the meds should help, do you have a chair that you could sleep in while you are holding him if he is fussy???
    Kimber8802

Answer by Kimber8802 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2011