Do you find that you go to the doctor less simply because you can't afford it?

I'm guilty ... when I had good medical benefits, I took advantage of it. But now, - benefits are less and less and less ...

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• We have good health insurance but I hate going to doctor appointments.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've heard that a lot recently, I know several people who don't have insurance and can't afford to go to the doctor. It's really very sad, people need access to affordable healthcare. I'm very fortunate that we have good insurance, when we need to go to the doctor we do.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have medical issues that need ongoing treatment and have found myself having to go less and less. We lost our insurance through my husbands employer more then two years ago at that lay off. We can sign up with his new job but its too expensive. Instead I go to the doctor about 4 times a year and I am supposed to go every other month. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Answer by gemgem at 6:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes, there's no way I'm going when I have to pay $200-$300 out of my pocket unless I'm dying!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• yes. i do. I do not have any dental and only have medicare, I have to pay a premium and deductible and then 20%. being a disabled single mom that takes alot of money out of me, so I go less and less.
    DJLadyK

Answer by DJLadyK at 6:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i live in canada..so i dont pay..but i simply dont go, because im scared of what they are gonna tell me..LOL...i take my daughter if shes got an ear infection or whatever..but when it comes to myself..not so much...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I dont go because I havent had a reason. I get ocassional cold/flu viruses, but there isnt much they can do about that. I have great health insurance BTW.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• usually I do find that especially now they require the copay at the time of visit crap if they'd just send the bill I'd go when I need too this goes for the expensive dentist too
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Oh yes! I don't have insurance so I don't go unless I am really bad
    Billiejo22001

Answer by Billiejo22001 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Me and my husband don't have health insurance so we avoid Dr as much as we can. My son has medicaid so he can go a number of times a year.
    gurleymomma

Answer by gurleymomma at 10:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011