How much would you buy this for? (pic)

I'm trying to sell handmade pinata's. I started on my son's 1st birthday. The only ones I could find were cheaply put together, (basicly cardboard boxes with stickers slapped on them). And at his party everyone asked where i got his, and they wanted me to make their kid's one too. I make a lot for famiyl & friends, and they spread the word to their friends & family. But I want to make some flyers to hang up around town, and at local businesses. What do you think a good price would be? The ones I have sold have been for around 20, but I don't make much of a profit off of them, if I buy the filling too. It all depends on size, and how complicated it is to make/shape. But a small (about the size of a store bought one) filled with goodies, costs me about $10-$15 to make. So, what would be a good price for a regular sized, filled pinata. That would be a good deal for both me & the buyer?

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• That's really cute! Unfilled, $25, filled - $45 (or more, depending on what it's filled with.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• maybe $30. i have never paid more then $35 for a pinata and it wasnt stuffed.
    Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• $25

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Maybe $30-50 depending on size and detail. I've never bought a pinata before so I'm really not sure. lol
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• How long does it take you to make them??

I would say unfilled $30, and filled....well, I'd add the cost of the the goodies to it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have never bought one, but I'd pay $30 for it and it's really cute. I would make them so that the customers could buy their own candy and fill them up themselves so that you don't have to worry about the expense of the candy. Nice job.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thanks so much! :)
    I fill them with small toys & candy. It costs around 10 to fill.
    And time, it all depends on how big & detailed it is to make. Usually at least 2 weeks.
    Jessica1991

Comment by Jessica1991 (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• You know, since they are custom, and you have so much time into them, I think I would try to get more for them.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• General rule of retail mark up. At least double what it cost you to make if not more.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 7:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I would buy it for 20 to 35 dollars that is creative and awesome
    GabsterMum

Answer by GabsterMum at 8:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011