Would you have kept the change and is this controlling?

Went out to eat. Husband leaves 100 dollar bill on table to pay bill. He leaves to play video game while I wait. I keep change and husband wants it back. I tell him you only give me 20 dollars a week. He won 600 dollars gambling so I ask why can't I have the 70 dollars. In car, he tells me he won't buy me xmas gifts since I kept the change. I give him the money and he threatens to throw the money out the window now. The money is now laying in the car. He won't take it back now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• What an ass. That is controlling and immature behaviour. He is selfish. Pick up the money and put in your purse. If I were you I would start "socking" money away. When a man controls how much money you have access to he knows you can't get very far if you decided to leave.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• sounds like he is selfish leave it they're he will get it and next time you go out get separate bills that will show him you mean business

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• yes I would take the change....and yes it's controlling! yes, start puttting money away! Who cares about x-mas presents any way!?
    abearshug

Answer by abearshug at 11:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Um, yes, that is very controlling, not to mention utterly ridiculous. I'm not sure how I would have handled such a situation, since my husband is the complete opposite. He is always putting cash in my wallet because he worries about me when I don't have any cash on hand.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• He is an idiot....and you are an idiot if you think you are in a normal relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• This is definitely controlling behavior and I don't know how you put up with it. I hope that he is great in other areas of your relationship, if not, I don't know what you see in him!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• yes it is controlling and i think he must have a gambling problem and wants to use that money to gamble with.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• wow, Big Daddy has a serious control issue.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• That is way controlling and stubborn. Who cares about xmas gifts. Go buy yourself something with it or save it for when your kids want something. You might wanna look into getting a job and getting the hell out.

When I was a sahm my ex gave me $20 a week for whatever I wanted but he bought me dinner, cigarettes, little gifts, you name it. We were happy too.
    KlieneMutter

Answer by KlieneMutter at 12:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• He sounds like a childish dick..(tell him i said so) Withhold sex for a while.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2008