seriously considering a c-section :(

I have been seeing a homebirth midwife my whole pregnancy. Here it is my due date, baby is still breech and I am probably still GBS+. My last baby was a c-section delivered breech too, I don't know what's wrong with me... This whole pregnancy I have been so anti- c-section and now I am considering it... I really don't wanna do something i am gonna regret. I want many more kids, and fear that I will never be able to have a baby vaginaly if I have another c-section...I really don't know what to do. Love to hear some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hugs

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• why dont you have the midwife help you in a birthing center instead of at home because they have medical transport on site if you have issues and need a c section. i figured i already had a c section scar, and my second ended up being medically necessary - but i was never interested in vbac myself. i knew how much a c section hurt and i could handle it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My midwife is a Homebirth midwife, she is not aphiliated with any birthing centers or hospitals.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Most home birth midwives have ob backups so I would call her and see if there is any way you could transfer to the ob and try to deliver in the hospital. Also what have you done to turn the baby? My midwife was going to try a manual aversion (turning the baby from the outside) at my next appointment, but he turned n his own and I gave birth the day of that appointment. I have also heard there are some acupuncture techniques that sometimes work for turning babies. I would definitely be calling and talking with the midwife though and seeing how she feels about things. Also is this one butt first or feet first breech?
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes I have tried everything from moxa therapy to the websters technique and they have tried to turn him. There is no back-up OB, in the case we need 1 we just goto the hospital and deal with whatever doctor is on call. He is a frank breech, thank God!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011