Why do children seem to fight more when mom is sick?

Around the Fall season my allergies really get horrible and the result is: really bad headaches. When that happens it seems to send my kids into a world-wind of craziness. It's like the more I plead with them to please stop fighting and stay away from one another, they are magnetized towards one another. Does this happen to anyone else, and if so what can I do about it or to them?

Signed,
Mom on her way to the E.R

carmen4826

Asked by carmen4826 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• Because they know mom don't feel good and they want moms attention!
    Billiejo22001

Answer by Billiejo22001 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It happens in my House to and I think they just enjoy being mean when Im sick
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Because they're worried and don't know what to do about that.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Because they are smarter than we give them credit for! lol They know that you dont have the energy to sometiems be consistant with punishments; So they push. I did the same as a kid. I knew that when mom was sick I could do more than I could when she wasnt. I knew I was wrong but I did it anyway! lol And Im sure Im gonna get it back!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I agree with Steph. Because as soon as I come out of my room dripping snot like the Swamp Thing, eyes blazing with fury, they sure get quiet and find things to do away from each other!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• how about trying this:

Bottle of Treasures
    This homemade toy may look like nothing more than a bottle of rice, but when it is rolled or turned a host of hidden objects will appear.

1.Remove the label from a clean, clear plastic water bottle.
    2.Gather a bunch of trinkets (lightweight and small enough to fit into the bottle top) such as beads, buttons, charms, plastic bugs, and such.
    3.Place them inside the bottle.
    4.Fill the bottle 2/3 full with uncooked rice.
    5.Line the cap with a bead of glue and screw on tightly.
    Now children can twist and turn this toy to see how many treasures they can spot inside.
    bergencounty

Answer by bergencounty at 8:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2011