How many of you took off work before your first baby was born? If so, how far in advance did you stop working?

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was to be born Jan 10 but I had her Dec 18. I stopped working the weekend after Thanksgiving. I work at my families restaurant so I left earlier than I prob would have if I worked elsewhere. I was getting very bitchy and hated waiting on ppl. so I said Im Done! lol. Im lucky I had the chance to do so! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I quit working when I was about 5 months along because I had to have minor surgery on my foot and need at least two days staying off my feet. I was a cashier and my employer wouldn't let me have time off so I quit. There were some other reasons for quitting then too.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I stopped working at 35 weeks because of preterm labor. I was given medication to stop it and then I didn't go into labor on my own and was induced at 40 weeks. I tried to go back to work at 37 weeks because we needed the money, but my doc would not sign the release forms.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• family's*
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I worked that night and had my baby the next day. I did that with my last 4 kids
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I was working 2 jobs and had gotten off work a few hours before my water broke at one and was supposed to report to work the morning my son was born at the other one!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I stopped working 2months before DD was born because of preterm labor. I stopped working for good about a month into this pregnancy because I wanted to be home for them more.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 6:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• With my son (now 7) I was a sahm and didn't work. With my Daughter (16months) I took off one day before she was born (schedualed c section).
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I worked up til my due date with my oldest (who was 2 weeks late) and was off for 6 months
    Worked up til 8.5mos with my second and didn't go back til he turned 2.5
    I was laid off at about 5/6 months with this one.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• With my first pregnancy, I worked until the day I went into premature labor and had to go on bed rest. I had planned to work until a week before my due date. With my second pregnancy, I worked Wednesday, took Thursday off to go to the doctor. I lost my mucus plug that morning so I called off Friday as well. I had him Saturday. He was three weeks early.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011