how can you?

no that your husband is happy that your pregnant i have been pregnant 3 times already and i feel that he isnt really that happy... he doesnt get happy when we talk about the baby or anything.. I dont no if its because im pregnant and being emotional or what but i feel like he doesnt care... maybe i need help

Heather9601

Asked by Heather9601 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have you talked to him about it? It sounds like there may be some mis-communication and maybe hormones going on.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• yeah i have spoke to him about this but its like he tells me he is happy but hes not gonna go all crazy about it
    Heather9601

Comment by Heather9601 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• maybe he thinks you talk too much about it, lol. Guys are offten not the talk everything over again and again. And maybe you taking it too harsh cause you are pregnant and little things can make you upset now that would normally never.
    Why dont you just talk to him about how you feel and ask him.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have heard from a lot of mom that when they were pregnant the second time (and for you now third) that it wanst liek the first time. Teh first time he was more excited and everyon else too but the second time they not that much anymore. That doesnt apply to every one but just saying.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• oh well he didnt even act like he was happy when i was pregnant the first time
    Heather9601

Comment by Heather9601 (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Some book I read said that a lot of men don't get as excited as we do because it isn't happening to them. They can't feel the awesome little kicks or have to suffer through morning sickness so they can't relate as well. I had the same issue with DH the first time I was pregnant, but I just figure he wouldn't have gotten me pregnant if he didn't want the baby too. Good luck!
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 6:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• thank you ladies all for your help i kinda thought it was becuase it wasnt happening to him so he has his own thing and i have mine
    Heather9601

Comment by Heather9601 (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm going through this with my SO. This is my second child but his first, and by the way he acts you'd think he doesn't care about anything. He tells me he's happy but has no interest in talking about the baby ever. I've also read several books that say its not real to men until the baby has arrived since they have no physical attachment before that point, so when I get discouraged with his actions I try to remember that. If the baby comes and he's still acting this way then I'll be very angry, but for now I try to accept he has no physical or emotional attachment, and that's completely normal.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Men do not get excited as women. It is just not in their nature.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think men get excited when it becomes real to them. They see our changing bodies but they're not experiencing it. Once that baby is born, it's real.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2011