Vaccinations...

Please don't judge me for is post but I have done so much research on vaccinations for children, and even adults and didn't realize how much JUNK is in it! I also have a family friend who's two week old baby mysteriously died an hour after getting vaccinated. My son is almost a year old and has had most of his vaccinations but not some, like Hep B. I am sick of being judged as a mother and looked at as not doing what is best for my child because I don't feel like people are correctly informed about vaccinations. They do exactly what the doctors tell them to do. Half the time doctors don't even know what is in them. It is strictly ran by the government and they make millions of dollars giving vaccines to people. Can I please get an opinion on this? Preferrably from someone who also does not vaccinate their kids?? This has been so hard for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow... this should so be under Parenting Debate, eh?

Doctors know very little about what is in medications --it's hardly their specialty. Pharmacists are the people who know.

Manufacturers of vaccines for children's illnesses barely break even on them -they are expensive to create, study, store and ship. They make most of their money on 'vital' medications, like Viagra and Botox... which strangely isn't a reason people object to Big Pharma making money.

Yes, there are risks associated with vaccines. And if you've done your research thoroughly, you know that there are much, much more likely risks involved in children ever riding in cars... but no one is picketing Ford for killing children, nor even the DMV or Highways Departments... Weird, hey?

The question isn't 'how to avoid all risk?' but 'which risk is okay with you?' Because C. none of the above is not a choice.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i would join the non vaxing group on here they will b a big help to u! posting this in the question part will get u A LOT of crap!! do ur research and decide wat is best for ur family and wat u believe! not vaccinating is a life style and u will have to fight for it all the time, its a pain so know ur facts and u dont let doc, schools, and other people push u around! my dd is not vaccinated at all b/c of the side effects and wat is in the vax in general, and i think they are a huge waste of time and money!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I posted a ? the other day about this because i was considering discontinuing vaccinations on my kids. I am still doing my research too because i want to do what is best for my children & get the facts. Like you i am disturbed at some of my findings. For the time being i have cancelled my kids appointments that i had set up for later this week until i have made my final decision.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 7:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It can be frustrating to have so many people react negatively towards you. I had one douchebag tell me I didn't care for DD cause she's vaccine free. But it's always the very uneducated who can't come up with anything besides "it's illegal and your kid will die". There's is no law against refusing vaccines and *gasp* my kid is still alive. It's easy to forget ignorant people when you remind yourself that they don't know (usually cause they don't care to know) what they're talking about. You care. You research. You decide. So you should feel confident. I know how ignorant people in general are to the dangers of routine medicine so I tune out their exaggerations and insults. I stick to the facts.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    Good luck.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I can't say that I agree with you, but I absolutley respect your right to make your own decisions. I didn't give birth to yours and you didn't give birth to mine, right? I applaud you for doing research and not just jumping to conclusions. Out of curiosity (this is certainly NOT an attempt to derail or change your mind), how do you feel about you kid(s) potentially being exposed to something that a lot of other kids have already been vaccinated against?
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 11:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• There is certainly a lot to consider, with such a hot button issue it's hard to know what's accurate and what's speculation. I agree that as parents we need to do our research and weigh the risks. The internet is a great resource but it also opens up access to all sorts of information that is not backed up by any proof whatsoever, and yet it is so scary that you can feel reckless if you just proceed as directed by your doctor. When making vaccine decisions I felt very undecided and that there really were no clear answers on what is best. I opted for a delayed vaccination schedule, my DD will be vaccinated for most or all recommended things but on a more spread out schedule than what is advised. I feel comfortable with this choice, but it's not something I preach to others. Vaccinations have suddenly become along the lines of religion and politics, one of those things that it's better not to discuss with friends/family/others.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011