When will I start showing?? or feel baby move???

I am 16 weeks, and I am so excited to have a baby bump! But Im not showing yet. I already have a tummy because Im kinda overweight, can that make it harder to tell? And...I really really want to feel the baby move! I heard you can feel it at 16 weeks... but I don't feel anything :( When did you first feel your baby move?

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 7:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some women can usually feel baby move around 18-22 weeks. Some can feel sooner if it isn't their first.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• With my son I didn't show until almost 7 months, and then like overnight I got this big belly. And I felt him move around 14 weeks. I'm currently pregnant with my second and I popped at 10 weeks, but I just started feeling her move yesterday, very faintly, and I'm 17 weeks. My Dr. said anywhere between 16-22 weeks is normal for feeling the first movements. You could always ask your Dr. their opinion. I know the overweight can play a role in not showing too much, I was 98lbs when I got pregnant with my first and only 107 with the second. I'm 5'0 so I don't know why it took so long the first time, but it'll come, don't worry!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I felt mine around 18 weeks and even by like 20-22 weeks the movement increased so much. Nothing describes the feeling properly but for me it felt like something was flicking me from the inside and it just gradually gets stronger and stronger. I also started to show around 20 weeks. So the half way point was everything for me.
    missmay5

Answer by missmay5 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i felt mine at 16 weeks and this is my first. and now im 29 weeks
    Tricia737

Answer by Tricia737 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i started showing right around 16-18 wks with my first..felt the baby reallly start to move around 20wks
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 7:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• This is my first. I'm 23 weeks and just starting to show. Also, I don't feel him move much as of right now. Lots of flutters that are definitely him but not kicks or anything yet that I'm aware of..
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i started really showing at 13-14 weeks and felt the baby like 14 weeks and its my first baby
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 8:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• You'll show sooner if you have a shorter torso, and later if you have a longer torso...more room for the baby in there. I'm at 7 1/2 months and my bump is now obvious, but only 2 weeks ago it just looked like I was gaining a bit of weight.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It varies and has a lot to do with weight, IME. I'm currently pregnant with my 5th and didn't feel baby move until 19 weeks. I felt all of my other kiddos weeks before that.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I could feel baby move at about 18 weeks but I didn't show until I was about 21 weeks. lol! I knew the sex of the baby before you could see that I was pregnant. But I got huge after that by the time I was 39 weeks I looked like I was carrying twins!
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011