When did you start the maternity jeans at least?

I dont fit into any of my 27waist jeans anymore. i do kinda fit in my 28waist jeans. Im only 8 weeks, but geeze I am so uncomfy. Would maternity jeans be still to big on me? My belly is getting big, and will get bigger here soon. this is my second pregnancy and its like I just popped out willingly. My tops and sweaters are fine for a while though. Is it still too early. When did you bring on the maternity jeans?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I never stopped wearing maternity pants after my son was born, of course, I got pregnant when he was only 4 months old or so, so at that point maternity pants were the alternative to going out and buying new pants when I planned to lose the weight and get back into my pre-pregnancy pants.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:02 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I didn't wear maternity jeans until I was almost 7 months. I got one of those elastic bands, so you can leave your regular jeans unbuttoned and unzipped and put the band over the zipper and that way they'll stay up. You can get it in different colors too so it looks like your clothing is layered. I only got one black one though and it lasts my whole pregnancy. I think I got it at Babies R Us or any maternity store.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Here's the website for one of them...........

http://www.expectingcomfort.com/belly-band.html?gclid=CIDJ46WG9ZYCFQVfFQodtFlIYg
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• If you get underbelly maternity pants you should fit into them for all or most of your pregnancy. The old school maternity pants make you feel like a grandma with your pants pulled up to your armpits anyway.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:09 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I love the idea of the belly band the last poster referenced. It basically looks like a giant tube top that lets you wear your normal pants unzipped...you just pull it over the zipper and it looks like you just layered your shirts or something. I was in stretch pants almost right away with my second. I got really bloated really fast this time. Don't worry about a time frame...worry about comfort.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I could usually hold out until the second trimester, by 20 weeks for sure I was wearing maternity pants with my second.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• im 33 weeks i dont wear them.... ;o) i just wear longer shirts....and dont button ;o)))
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:30 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I''m overweight to begin with. With a lot of my weight being in the belly. I started wearing my under the belly maternity jeans at about 13 weeks or so. But beings I'm chubby in the belly anyway, maternity jeans are way comfy even when I wasn't showing. Well I'm 19 weeks now and still really not showing. Darn jelly roll! Thank goodness I wear scrubs for my job. Always comfy!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Yeah that horrible bloating feel makes your regular jeans to unbearable. I started wearing maternity at 16 weeks. Before that, on the days that were bad and could not get my pants buttoned comfortable, I wore a bella band. The maternity pants may be a little big right now on you, but if your comfy in them, then wear them.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I start4ed wearing maternity pants at about 15 weeks or so. And i still wear normal jeans aand im almost 7 months.

I'm wearing some right now but of course not my normal size, its one size up from my normal size. instead of a 9 im wearing an 11...

:)

i love being able to say that. lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2008