Vent.

Nobody is perfect, that I completely understand. But for goodness sakes, can we please take a refresher course in grammar before posting? Ladies, please! Some mom's may as well be posting in hieroglyphs. Please understand the difference between know and no. There is built in spell check, use it! It is very frustrating to try and respond to an important question but have to decipher it first.

McErin48

Asked by McErin48 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! I have no idea how many times I have read posts...

My man be no good he be wit 2 grlz at nite. My baby daddy ax me 2 marry him. I b like wat? U wit 2 grlz at nite. Wat do u do?

However, I am stupid enough to try to understand what they are saying, but I usually give up.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Although I don't agree with bashing people for spelling and grammar issues, we all make mistakes, if I can't read your question because you're incapable of writing in english you're not going to get an answer from me. If I were an English teacher and you were in my class I'd be annoyed with the inability to write, but on an internet social site as long as I can decipher the question I'll give you an answer. I have seen the questions so poorly written I have no idea what's being asked, but I also choose to just move on from those questions, not bash the person for their clear failed attempt at a public or private education.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Things like no and know...people are thinking quickly as they type and honestly...unless you do full editor, there really isn't a spell check till you click that...at least for the answers portion. I get that it can be irritating, but if people are trying to ask important questions and it's a spelling error...then just help them instead of criticizing a mistake on mommy brain. The grammar, sometimes, that's just how people speak...they type the way they talk. I see several people get worked up over the littlest details and want to complain about it when there are people trying to ask for help...instead their posts get filled with complaints about spelling or grammar. Do their questions get answered?? It does get frustrating, but then the reality is unless it's babble...they are asking questions and wanting answers. -Shrugs-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 7:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• im with ba on this one bashing someone spelling something wrong. and alot of people type faster than they cant think and or dont even look at the keyboard when typing. its a computer you are pushing buttons sometimes your finger hit teh wrong key.im sure it frusrtating if you cant understand someones question but if you can guess what they are saying why do you really care so much? Are you miss perfect or something? beside people use alot of computer abreveation, so rather than typing know and spelling it out is fast to put no . like i said if you know what they mean then why do you care so much?
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• There is no apostrophe in moms unless they own something.

It doesn't feel good does it?

I often mistype, and rarely spellcheck on forums. But I can GUARANTEE that everytime I have ever criticized anyone elses use of spelling or grammar, I will make some obvious mistake while trying to sound snickety.

My god is funny that way.

katey1211

Answer by katey1211 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I would personally rather be corrected than look like a second grader typed for me. I have only "bashed" another mom once, which is a huge show of my self control. It is a good thing that not everyone is as easily irritated as I am because then we'd all just be a heap of ranting witches, amen? So, thanks for letting me vent. Krissy, I could hug you right now if it weren't for the obvious impossibilities.
    McErin48

Comment by McErin48 (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2011