Upset Stomach After Surgery?

I had surgery on my knee at 11:30 this morning. My stomach is upset, I'm assuming from the anesthesia? I've eaten some crackers, and I've only been drinking water, but my stomach is upset and I've been nauseous off and on.

Any ideas on making this go away?

Asked by Scuba at 7:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• totally normal and yes its from the anesthesia. everytime ive had it i get nauseous and eventually throw up. but just take it easy and go to bed thats the best you can do. at the hospital they could have getting you something for it but since your home not much but sleep it off.

Answer by laura970 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Maybe some Sprite or flat Coke. Hope you feel better soon.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Some people have problems with anistesia. I puke for about a week because of it if I dont ask for the antinausia med. You may be able to call your doc and get a script.... def worth the call IMO! feel better

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It's from the anesthesia; it should pass. Try eating toasting and drinking ginger ale.

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thank you Laura! It's so annoying.

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thank you Tyfry, I'll try some Sprite.

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thank you so much ladies! Toast is a good thought too. Rebecca, if it's not better by the morning I will call the doc, thank you for the info. I've never had problems with anesthesia before, I don't get it.

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011