As a mother do you overspend for christmas gifs?

It is that time of the year again ladies! CHRISTMAS!!! As a personal stylist/shopper it means busy,busy,busy! However I think we ALL at some point go overboard when it comes down to gifts for christmas.Trying to include EVERYONE and making sure no one is excluded can be costly. So why do we do it????

thedies

Asked by thedies at 11:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Shopping

• I don't really do that. Only immediate family gets presents. And this year maybe not even that bc we are broke. And since my son is only a baby he will only get a few things.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:49 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I don't. I prefer to have money in my accounts rather than accumulate crap in my house that doesn't get used or only gets played with once. My children have always received one "Santa" gift and one gift from us. We've also encouraged family members to add to their college funds rather than buy useless crap. I find the whole "going overboard" mentality just so wasteful and it is not in keeping with the spirit of the season.

We have never included "everyone" in our xmas shopping. Only immediate family and even then, only for the children, not the adults, and we've even gotten away from that.
    Anonymous

• i don't do that either. christmas isn't about the gifts for adults anyway, food and being together is what is important. we have excluded everyone this year but our own immediate family, because last year it was just too much to do and nobody really wanted to buy for adults anyway.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 2:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Definetly not! Christmas should not be about the gifts and we as parents have the responsiblity to help mold our children's personalities, beliefs and attitudes. Being greedy should not be one of them. This year, I'm making firsts for my extended family and my daughter is getting two gifts and a stocking.
    Anonymous

• NO! I get 1 gift for each child, 1 for my husband and that's it! His family gets cards. My family are JW so nothing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2008