Does anyone have any remedies for morning sickness that worked for them?

I have morning sickness and I was wondering if anything worked for you moms besides saltine crackers.

calimommy1021

Asked by calimommy1021 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• flat soda and napping when I could
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• ginger ale
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• They used to sell these suckers at babies r us with ginger in them and it worked great. Also ginger tea with fresh ginger. Get someone to get it for you if youre sick. Slice a small slice of ginger and put it into water like you would make tea basically and add honey. 7-up also works well. Gingerale (Ginger root is great for morning sickness). Ginger capsules are also available.
    Keep some saltines by your bedside. When you wake up eat 2-3 and then wait a few minutes. The crackers will absorb stomach acid and help you with your morning sickness. rest alot.
    Vitamin B6 everyday is proven to also help. Carry a napkin with lemon oil on it (silly I know) and smell it when you feel sick. No spicy food. Nothing greasy. Stay away from smells that bother you.

Answer by gemgem at 7:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Ginger ale, unsalted saltine crackers (I know it sounds kind of like an oxymoron), and Sea Bands. Sea Bands are like little sweat bands that you wear on your wrists, and there is a little ball on the inside of each one that presses on an accupressure point on the inside of your wrist, and it relieves nausea. No drugs, no side effects...they're amazing. You can find them at just about any pharmacy.
    MadlyTranquil

Answer by MadlyTranquil at 8:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Eating all the time, which has its down side.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Peppermint hard candies. soft will work to but i was always told hard.
    DinaBeena

Answer by DinaBeena at 8:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Zofran was the only thing that worked for me. I tried ginger and preggie pops and crackers and a zillion other things and nothing helped. I did find that if I threw up first thing in the morning, I wasn't nearly as sick during the day. Hope yours goes away soon!
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 8:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Sea Bands are amazing.. they worked for me!
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Sprite and crackers is what worked for me but everyone is different.
    frugalistamom2

Answer by frugalistamom2 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had to make a "sacrificial breakfast"... meaning that I ate something I knew I would throw up (like a piece of toast), then I could hold down a light meal.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 10:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011