Getting a divorce and moving out of state (with our child) HELP!

Does anyone know how this works? We currently live in California, and I am moving to Ohio. My STBX is a good dad, and I really don't think it is fair to take our child out of his life, but I don't know any other way around it? I know that 6 months with me and 6 months with him is just unrealistic, But I also find that one of us keeping him full time and the other getting him summers and major holidays just isn't fair. Does anyone know how this could play out to be fair for all parties?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• My step brother was apart of a divorce and his dad lived in another state. He spent 6 weeks of the summer with his dad and they alternated Thanksgiving and Christmas and every other Easter or he would spend part of his spring break with his dad, depending on how long his break was with snow makeup days. Hope this may help gl.
    Trish7910

Answer by Trish7910 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011