Have you ever seen a bald eagle?

I have several times even up close. Yesterday I saw one swoop down from a tree top and capture it's prey. Just amazingly beautiful!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 8:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We see them all the time In WA
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes, we have quite a few where I live, and I have seen them from time to time over the river, and I know where there's a nest that I've seen the pair fly to for several years. Never have seen the babies though. I also see lots of ospreys, which look similar from a distance.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• we have several nests to my moms house. We stop to show my kids. They love it. Grew up with them in the back yard basically.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• In the wild, no. I have seen them in zoos but that is it. They are beautiful creatures.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• In the wild yes. Here in Maine.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I believe we saw one this summer as we drove across the country. I'm trying to remember (it's a bit hazy). I know we saw a mountain lion run past our car and heard coyotes howling. I'm pretty sure there was an eagle in there somewhere.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Wow! I bet that was a beautiful sight. I have seen two up close, but both in cages at our local nature center. They were both hurt and rescued by the nature center and could not be rehabilitated enough to be released into the wild.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• used to live in northern wisconsin
    saw them every single day
    once i drove by in car, eagle on dead animal at side of road, it flew off as i approached, but stayed low as the car and flew 'along with my car' for a few minutes
    amazing!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Frequently. I live in MN and they are common around here.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• yes, i saw them alot when i lived in south jersey. now i live in md and have only seen one. they are beautiful though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011