Any moms get veterans dependent benefits for their children?

my daughters father said he was gonna add her on to his benefits and i was supposed to get a notice in the mail after 45 days. This was back in October. Should I have heard something by now and what exactly would she be getting, such as medical, thats what she needs right now. And how would this affect her ability to receive child support from her dad because i'm thinking im gonna have to apply for child support since he wont help me out with her willingly. If anyone can help, thanks a ton. He wont give me any info on who to contact about this so i'm not sure if he actually added her on or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• Is he active duty or getting something from the VA? If he's active duty it should not take 45 days for the benefits to kick in. It should be instant. He would have to add her to DEERS and get her in the system. He would also have to give 1/6 of his pay to you for child support.

However, if he is a veteran getting VA benefits and is rated 30% or more, he only gets an extra $22 a month per child. If he is just starting the process, it takes a lot longer than 45 days and he should have added her when he was trying to apply for compensation.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011