What age would be okay for me to get my daughters ears pierced?

My boyfriend and i want to get our daughters ears pierced...but shes only going on to 2 months old...were not sure what age we should get them done...when would be okay...?

Samantha.G

Asked by Samantha.G at 8:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i duno. i chose to wait until she wanted her ears pierced....she wants them pierced for her b day this year she will be 7 years old. i figured it is her body and if she wants to put get her ears pierced it should be her decision.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• alot of places will not do it until they're 3 months old. that's when i got my daughter's done at the pediatrician and it went fine. she was more pissed about disinfecting the ear lobe than the actual piercing. she is now 16 months old and never has bothered with them.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• When she's old enough to understand what piercings are and decide for herself whether or not she wants them. It's not really fair to poke painful, infection risking holes in a baby for the sake of fashion when the baby herself doesn't know or care about fashion. The earrings could fall and create a choking hazard, they could get infected, she could be allergic to certain materials, they could get caught in hair or clothes and pull her ears.... It's just a lot of risk with no benefit. It's not right to cosmetically alter a baby. Just pierce her ears if/when she wants to. My DD is 3 yrs and is plenty happy with putting shiny stick ons on her ears and bellybutton.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• DF and I are waiting until she decides she wants her ears pierced.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my friends daughter got them done at 3 months..she cried for 2 minutes and then completely forgot about it
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 8:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Both of my daughters were 3 months old, my older daughter didn't cry at all and my younger one cried for less than 30 seconds and I took care of them so it never became infected. I also got my ears pierced at 3 months old and ever since I was old enough to decide for myself if I wanted to wear earrings I haven't worn them - with the exception of maybe 6 times a year but because I was so young when i got them pierced and my mother kept earrings in my ears for my toddler years the holes never closed.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• BTW there are earrings you can buy specifically for babies - they're hypoallergenic and can't simply fall out or come out from the baby tugging on them.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• 3 months
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had all my daughters ears pierced at 3 months. After their 3 months shots.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• She didn't get hers pierced until she asked for it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011